The event is run by ITU competition rules and can be found via this link.
Registration closes at midnight on June 1st 2018.
- Garmin Challenge Denmark is an invitation event, and the Event organizers may refuse entry to any competitor, on any grounds, and at their own discretion without explanation.
Cut off times:
8 hours in total
- Swim 1h 10 min
- Bike 3h 50 min
- Run 3h
- The race distances are: 1.9km swim; 90 km bike and 21.1km run.
- At all times competitors must obey the instructions of Race officials and Police Officers and beware of vehicular transport. Any competitor who fails to obey the instructions of Race officials or the Police will be removed from the Event and disqualified. The Event Director and Race Referee have the discretion to disqualify competitors.
- Please obey all traffic laws and regulations at all times and treat all parts of the course as open to the public and vehicles at all times. While some parts of the course may be closed to public access, residential, emergency and Event vehicles will be using the course, and all road rules and regulations must therefore be followed at all times. Right hand drive rules apply.
- The Event Medical Team will have ultimate discretion and the final decision as to the suitability of a competitor to continue in the Event, and likewise if they should be withdrawn from the Event.
- No competitor may use any banned substances with the intent to improve their performance, eliminate the sense of fatigue or for any other purpose. Doping tests will be performed.
- It is important that all competitors exhibit good behavior and sportsmanlike conduct, and treat fellow competitors, Event organizers, volunteers and contractors with courtesy and respect. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any time before, during or after the Event.
- If a competitor withdraws from the Event they must advise the course officials of their withdrawal immediately. Any competitor failing to do so and being the subject of a resulting search and rescue operation will incur all costs relating to this exercise if they are found to be in their accommodation or other such safe place.
- Garmin Challenge Denmark reserves the right to alter rules, regulations, Event course and venues at any time provided athletes are advised prior to the Event, or if such a change is in the interest of competitor safety.
- Garmin Challenge Denmark competitors may not compete with a bare torso.
- Each competitor must be familiar with the entire course and it is their responsibility to follow the correct route.
- Compulsory gear includes a wetsuit, swim cap and head torch if on run course after dark.
- In the case of bad weather, Garmin Challenge Denmark reserves the right to convert the Event to duathlon status in the interests of competitor safety but will not be held liable for any loss as a result of such a decision. If the conditions are still deemed to be unsafe to run a duathlon, Garmin Challenge Denmark has sole discretion, and may cancel the Event without obligation to refund entry fees.
- Challenge Denmark may test any athlete for the use of a prohibited substance at its own discretion. A positive test will result in disqualification.
- Prize money shall not be paid out until all drug-testing results are confirmed.
- Prize money applies to individual Pro Men’s and individual Pro Women’s fields only. There is no age rule based on times but prize money will be paid according to overall race position. For example, if an age grouper comes 7th and 8th with the next pro in 9th, the pro athlete receives prize money for 9th place, not 7th. Note in these instances, the age group athletes do not receive prize money. Athletes must provide proof of their professional status to be eligible for prize money.
- Individual athletes must be a minimum of 18-years-old on race day.
- Team athletes must be a minimum of 18-years-old on race day.
- Provided race numbers must be visible at all times throughout the race.
- All athletes must register during the allocated times and attend the mandatory race briefing. All individuals and teams must rack their bicycles during the allocated times – there will be no exceptions to this rule. The Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify anyone not adhering to these rules.
A team may consist of 2 athletes and a maximum of 3 athletes. You are allowed to switch at T1 and T2 in addition it is allowed to switch at the end of each lap of the run course. It is only allowed to have one team member on the route at a time.
If you are unable to race and wish to cancel or transfer your entry, you have the following options:
- Transfer your entry to another person: please write so to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 9th 2018. A fee of 400 DKK will be charged in case of transferring.
- Refund of 50% until April 9th 2018: The refund does not include any service- or credit card fees. Absolutely no refund after April 9th 2018. Slots cannot be transferred to a different year.
Changes to relay entry:
- Team member changes will incur a 250 DKK fee per change after May 9th 2018.
- No team member changes are permitted after June 1st 2018.